Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Top 5 Wednesday

December 31

Top 5 Books I've Read This Year

Well after a hefty break I am back with a Top 5 Wednesday! This week is the top 5 books you've read this year!





  1. Opposition - Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • This one has to be my number one just for the fact that i have loved this series from book one. It is just so funny and slightly cheesy but with characters to die for and all around happiness comes from reading it. So Opposition was a highly anticipated novel of 2014 because it was the end to an epic series and it is because of that anticipation and love for all of the books that I had to have it as one of my top 5 books I've read this year.
     2.  Tiger Lily - Jodi Lynn Anderson
    • I have this one as one of my top 5 because I was not expecting how much this novel really stayed with me. It was powerful and moving and all of it was a retelling of one of my all time favourite fairy tales/myths/legend. Plus it had the added bonus of being told from Tinkerbell's perspective so you weren't even reading from the main characters mind it was told entirely from someone outside looking in. It was simply stunning.
     3. Because She Loves Me - Mark Edwards

    • I had trouble deciding between Because She Loves Me and The Magpies by Mark Edwards because they were both so good and creepy and both struck me to my core. But I ultimately went with Because She Loves Me because I just did not expect the twist that came at the end. It literally came out of nowhere. Mark Edwards is one author that was introduced to me this year and he has definitely become one of the authors that I will automatically go to when I am looking for a thriller. I love his books and I love his writing. I love it all.
      4. Stay With Me - J. Lynn
    • Well I just had to do it, J. Lynn (also known as Jennifer L. Armentrout) is one of my all time favourite authors so its not a surprise that two of her books have made it on to my top 5 list. While Opposition is a young adult alien book, Stay With Me is a heartbreaking and deep new adult with serious themes but also has that addictive charm and wit that is always present with any of her books. It is the third book in the Wait for You series that again is my favourite new adult series so again it is no surprise that it has made the list. 
       5. Fire in the Woods - Jennifer M. Eaton
    • This book I had just recently found love in. It is again an alien book with heaps of vulnerable characters and their sweet romance that just has you yearning for more. The second book of the series has undoubtedly become one of my most anticipated releases of next year because I just cannot have it end where it ended. I need more of it. I don't know what it is with alien and human meet and fall in love books, I just can't get enough of them and Fire in the Woods would easily class as one of the many alien books that I have taken into my heart. 
So there you have it, the top 5 books that I have read this year. It took me a long time to narrow down my list, as there were so many amazing books that I had read this year, but I finally got it down to a small 5 and I would absolutely recommend any one of these books. Some may be slightly cheesy but they all stayed with me in some way or another as I couldn't get any one of them out of my head days after reading them.