Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Stay With Me

Written by: Jennifer L. Armentrout/J Lynn
Published by: Harper Collins
Format: Kindle
Pages: 480
Purchase from: Amazon  |  Book Depository

Not all scars are visible on the surface

Calla Fritz is used to hiding. Hiding the scar that she believes mars her beautiful face. Hiding the burns that cover so much of the rest of her body. Hiding her past and her family secrets from her new college friends.

But when her mother clears out her bank account and disappears, Calla is forced to return home and face up to a life she’d rather forget about. What she didn’t count on was meeting the one guy who seems to be able to see past her defences. Jackson James, known as Jax, is beyond smokin’ hot – and Calla can’t quite hide her feelings for a man who knows that beauty isn’t only skin deep.
But with some dangerous characters looking for her mother – men who are perfectly happy to punish Calla for her mother’s sins if she doesn’t turn up soon – Calla and Jax have more troubling things to think about than the searing heat between them…

My Rating 5/5

Stay with Me is the third book in the Wait for You series and this time we follow Calla and her deepest scars when she has to return to her home town and deal with the troubles her mother has left her. Oh wow did I love this book. I have been a serious fan of the Wait for You series, Wait for You being one of my all time favourite books and I really enjoyed Be with Me so I cannot begin to describe how much I was excited for this book and let me tell you it did not let me down. 
He read? Oh my God, guys that read were like unicorns. They only existed in fairy tales.
Now I have mentioned before that I am a super fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing and it is because of this. Her characters are so well thought out that you instantly fall in love with them and want every good little thing to happen to them. So I was not surprised when this happened with the characters in Stay with Me. I adored Jax, he is a serious contender on my top favourite male characters, Damon and Cam being the top two. Wow he was so gorgeous and protective and just all round perfect. I was instantly gripped by him the moment he was introduced, I just knew he would be perfect for Calla. Speaking of Calla, she was so gosh darn cute and shy and I immediately felt protective of her. I even loved Calla's mother. 
"In case I need to clarify what I just said, I'm wanting to know if you're free to do something with me."
The story was also amazingly well written, I got carried away and lost with it and before I knew it was the end. Just like the other two books in the series, Stay with Me deals with quite serious issues, these being self-doubt and image issues, that grinds Calla's confidence to a halt making her believe that no-one will ever love her. Making you really feel for the characters and give a sense of realism to the world it was set in. Not to mention the dangerous and scary situation her mum has put her in. So I was constantly being thrown from cute and adorable scenes to scary and nerve-wracking scenes making it extremely difficult for me to put the book down. 
"Bitch, are you on the crack? Because I'm pretty sure that hot boy named Jax was just all winking at Calla over here and didn't even see you sitting there. Just FYI."
All in all, Stay with Me was just so good and I loved every minute of it. It was so cute and funny but also covers serious issues and scary situations so I was constantly going up and down and back and forth from giddy to nerve-wracked. Be warned that there were some seriously...steamy scenes making it known that it was definitely a New Adult novel. But I really loved every minute of this book and it definitely up there with my all time favourites, narrowly being beaten by Wait for You because that book was just epic. I would recommend this book without a moments hesitation to anyone who loves to read new adult, in fact I would probably recommend the whole Wait for You series, and I am so excited for the next installment Fall with Me. 

Stay With Me (Wait For You, #3)