Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Top 5 Wednesday

August 20th

Top 5 Worlds

This week's Top 5 is your Top 5 favourite Worlds in books.





















  1. The Darkest Minds Series - Alexandra Bracken
    • This is one of my top 5 favourite worlds because I Love the idea of kids having powers, anything that deals with superhuman powers and I'm sold. But I also love the aspect of the children being hunted and feared because it adds more to the book and shows their vulnerability and naivety and contrasts it with their strength, which to me is pretty awesome.
  2. Legend Series - Marie Lu
    • I have recently reviewed these books and I have just fallen in love with the world. It is slightly complicated I think, but I still love the mystery and action that impacts it all. You don't know who to trust and you don't know what is going on but that just adds to the brilliance of it all. 
  3. Percy Jackson Series - Rick Riordan
    • This one I wasn't sure I could add because it is set in a pretty normal modern world. But It uses and intertwines greek myths and mythology into it, which is how it is different from modern day society. And that is why it is one of my favourite world because it has simplicity and uses the idea that all this could be happening and us 'mortals' are just not seeing it. 
  4. Throne of Glass - Sarah J. Maas
    • I love the magic, assassins and the unjust leadership. Practically everything that makes up the world in Throne of Glass I adore because it just is so gripping and interesting you can't help but get sucked in.
  5. The Lunar Chronicles - Melissa Meyer
    • This world I love because of how it uses fairytales, that everyone knows about, and adapts them into a brilliant society on the brink of war. I just love the idea of taking something well known and changing them into a completely unique and different world.
And there you have it, my Top 5 Worlds in books. All world focus on the fantasy aspect because I love how contrasting the worlds are to everyday yet there is always something similar with them.