Thursday, 7 August 2014

Opposition

Written by: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published by: Hodder and Stoughton
Format: Kindle
Pages: 456
Purchase from:  Amazon  |  Book Depository

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.
She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. 
But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.
War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.

My Rating: 5/5

Opposition is the last and final conclusion to the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and it was absolutely epic. I have been a fan of the Lux series from the very beginning, it is one of my favourite book series of all time so while i'm a little sad so see the end I am so happy as to how it ended. Everything that need to happen, happened and there were still so many things that I didn't see coming. I love how everything tied up and rounded together so you were never left thinking that this could of been better or it should of happened this way because you see the genius of why they ended that way, even if you didn't particularly like that it had to happen like that. 
Hell, I'd keep her in Bubble Wrap if it weren't so damn creepy and also inconvenient, considering I had a terrible habit of obsessively popping the damn things until not a single bubble was left.
The writing style is just so witty and funny but still epically gripping that you just fall into it and cannot for the life of you put it down. I found myself seriously arguing with myself over the fact of if I needed to sleep because I only had a couple of chapters left. So I ended up being really tired but completely enthralled by the events that were happening. Not to mention there wasn't a bit in it when there was a break from the action, after something big ended another twist happened that started the action again. Which is why it was completely fantastic and gripping throughout the entire story.
 I knew how hard loss was. It never went away, but stayed with you like a faint shadow that was thicker some days than others.
Another thing that I have loved throughout the entire series but especially in this book is the characters. Oh my Gee I love them. I can't get into how much I love Daemon because I will be going on for hours otherwise, but to sum it up every single character has so much depth and are just so amazingly written that they become real to you and you can't help but really love them or seriously hate them. 
"You'd get jealous if she hugged a tree," tossed out. "Maybe." Daemon coasted to a stop in a parking space behind the car. "I'm needy like that."
All in all, opposition is a stunning conclusion to a brilliant series. It has everything you would ever need in a book, amazing romance, fantastic action and funny one liners throughout the entire story. It was brilliant and I am sad to see it end but really happy on how everything ended. I would recommend this series to every young adult fan because it mixes and brings together so many genres that you can't help but caught up with it and fall in love with it from the very beginning. So if your looking for a funny, fast and action packed read that features gorgeous aliens and thrilling romance then pick up this series and by the time you get to this book you will be head over heels in love with Daemon Black.

Opposition (Lux - Book Five)