Thursday, 14 August 2014

Anna and the French Kiss

Written by: Stephanie Perkins
Published by: Usborne Publishing
Pages: 401
Purchase from: Amazon  |  Book Depository

Here is everything I know about France: Amélie and Moulin Rouge. The Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe...And, I'm moving to Paris for a year. To boarding school. Alone.
Anna had everything figured out - she was about to start senior year with her best friend, she had a great weekend job, and her huge work crush looked as if it might finally be going somewhere...Until her dad decides to send her 4383 miles away to Paris. On her own.
But Despite not speaking a word of French, Anna finds herself making new friends, including étienne St Clair, the smart, beautiful boy from the floor above. But he's taken - and Anna might be too. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with the french kiss she's been waiting for?

My Rating: 5/5

To sum it up Anna and the French Kiss is a totally cute and adorable read about a girl falling in love in the city of romance, Paris. To be honest I was really dubious going into to this story because it had so many good reviews and it was slightly over hyped and I was scared that it was going to be one of those books that every one else seems to love but I don't. But that was definitely not the case. 
For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.
I gotta admit I wasn't sure wether I would like Anna because I felt that the beginning she seemed a little snooby? If thats the word. But then I put myself in her shoes and I was like yeah you know what if I was being forced to go somewhere and uprooted from my home and everyone I love I would also be a little peeved. And there were times when I felt as though it was a little predictable on how things would turn out, but then I couldn't help but get lost in the pages and before I knew it, it was the end and everything turned out perfect. It all turned out to be so sweet and you were just rooting for them to get together and everything to end out perfect no matter how they behaved. 
I mean, really. Who sends their kid to boarding school? It's so Hogwarts. Only mine doesn't have cute boy wizards or magic candy or flying lessons. 
My heart literally melted when Anna finally noticed that her and St Clair were more than just friends, they were best friends and then more. It was just so sweet. How she found out that she was in love, the way it was written was just perfect because it felt as though you were one of the bystanders asking if she was okay because the realisation actually made her go fuzzy and knees weak, which just makes you wish for that kind of feeling of love. To be overcome with that much emotion that you can't stand and get floored by the feelings.  
I wish for the thing that is best for me. 
This book just ticked all the right boxes and I am literally head over heels in love with it. It was perfect on so many levels. The characters were gorgeous and not always perfect so they felt more real. I love that it was set in Paris because it just automatically created a romantic atmosphere throughout the entire story. It was a chick-lit story that there were so many 'aww' moments and moments when you were just rooting for all the characters to have their own little happy endings and things to be resolved. You get so caught up in the story that it makes you itch for more. So I cannot wait to buy more books of Stephanie Perkins', starting with Lola and the Boy Next Door, and to once again to get caught up in the romance and lost within the pages. 

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)