Top 5 Cover Buys
For this weeks Top 5 it is the Top 5 Cover Buys, books you brought solely for the cover.
- Across the Universe - Beth Revis
- This cover is just so pretty. I mean look at it! So many gorgeous colours, and it fits with the story too so thats just a plus. When I saw it I had to get it and then I heard it was a popular series, so I was like bonus.
- I love all Jennifer E. Smith covers. Her other books 'This is What Happy Feels Like' and 'A Geography of Me and You' also have really cute covers, which is why I am planning to buy them. But I love how it's like a photograph with the couple being the centre and everything else being smudged. And the typography for the title works for it to. I love it.
- This one I love because of how it stands out with a black background and red and orange contrasting colours. I also like how the dress is fanned out to like slightly like a flower.
- I brought this one mainly because of the simplictity of it. It has really soft tones and I just thought it looked really pretty and natural. Plus I really liked the changing font on the title. So simple but so pretty.
- There are so many things I love about this cover. When I saw it I immediately grabbed it just to get a closer look. I love the colours, the fonts and also the tree and person and how they are made to look like a silhouette. It just looks pretty. Plus it turned out to be a gorgeous book too, really catching and unique. I loved it.
So there you have it, books I brought solely because of the covers...then I found out that they were really quite good books so you know... bonus!