Thursday, 5 June 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

Written by: John Green
Published by: The Penguin Group
Pages: 313
Purchase from: Amazon  |  Book Depository


Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kind Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.





My Rating 5/5

Amazing! just simply amazing! I feel as though i'm a little late to the party by only having read this now but I seriously can't contain my love for this book. The characters were phenomenal, the writing gorgeous and not to mention the story, which was simply breathtaking. I don't even know where to begin with this. It is way too hard to narrow down all the good things about this book and push it into one review. I mean, what amazing things can you say about this book that hasn't already been said?
As he read, I fell in love with the way you fall asleep: slowly and then all at once
Firstly it is clear to see how this book has won so many awards. The story is just heartbreakingly exquisite. It has me crying rivers but feeling proud all at the same time. Because even though it revolves around a story that falls into the serious and anguished category,but it has characters that are so strong and epic that you feel drawn in and proud in their outlook of things, especially Augustus. You cannot help but fall in love with Augustus. It makes you take a different outlook on your life by reading about theirs.
Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.
Plus it isn't only the main characters that I love. The main characters Hazel and Augustus are undoubtedly sublime. They made me smile with their relationship, they made me cry with their heartbreak and their love for one and other and they made me proud with their levelheadedness and acceptance. But the other characters are also amazingly written. So it is not just Hazel and Augustus that made me love this book. It is all of them. Their parents and Issac, even Peter Van Houten and his rude rambling at times. All of the characters made the book for me. If one of them was to disappear and be unwritten it would be devastating.
My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.
Overall I did guess what would happen with the story but that was mainly due to the subtle hints that are brought in throughout the book, and it did not make me love it any less, It always had me expecting something major was going to happen. But I cannot stress how much I love this book and its devastating but beautiful story. And I am very much looking forward to see how the book is adapted into a film.

The Fault in Our Stars