Thursday, 26 June 2014

Book Haul #3 (Kindle Edition)

In my previous Book Haul post (read here) I mentioned that I had gone a little crazy and would have to split up the post into two parts. Part one was physical copies of books and part two being the Kindle edition/ebook copies of books. So here it is...the final part to my Book Haul for June. After this you will see just how crazy I went this month!
So let's begin...

First up is Coin heist by Elisa Ludwig



I cannot tell you how excited I am for this book. I have been waiting for the release for a while now so as soon as I was able to get it, I did. From what I have heard, it is about a heist performed by a group of school kids, who don't normally get along. And that's about all I know. I have started reading this book and I can tell you that I am enjoying it so far so I can't wait to finish it and find out what happens and why. 



Next is I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes

At the moment, I am going through a really big crime/thriller kick. So if I come across a book that is within this genre, chances are I will give it a go because I just want more! Not to mention this book has gotten a lot of good reviews and is fairly new so I just couldn't not buy it. As far as I know it is about a retired secret agent who wrote the book on murder but is now being hunted down by an FBI agent. I don't know what exactly he is being hunted down for, but I am intrigued and interested to find out. 

Following this is The Distance Between Us by Kasie West


Again like 'I Am Pilgrim' I brought this because I was in a really big mood for a young adult contemporary books as well as crime and thriller and this seemed like a cute and fluffly read. The reviews were good, not great, but good so I thought why not? see if it was something that I liked. The book itself, I think, is about two teenagers who fall in love when they come from different worlds. So like I said, it sounded like a cute and light contemporary read that would be perfect for summer.


After this we have The Magpies by Mark Edwards


I have read and reviewed this book, which you can read here, and it was a seriously good book. There were parts that didn't quite live up to the rest of it but it was mostly very gripping and thrilling. The book is about a couple that move into their dream apartment and everything is going great, but then little things start to happen that disrupt their happiness and mess with their minds. Like I said before it is a very gripping read so I would seriously recommend this book if you are into the psychological thriller kind of books. Because this book can really mess with your mind.

Next up is Pushing the Limits by Katie McGary


I have been wanting to start this series for a very long time but I'm not so keen on the covers (I know a really bad excuse to not buy it). So when I came across the kindle edition for quite a good price I thought it was fate.  Again I thought this book would be perfect for the summer as it is another contemporary young adult read about a romance between two people who think they have nothing in common and no chemisty but then realise they do. And then things start to heat up. And then you know how it goes. 



I did receive a lot of ebooks to review by publishers through NetGallery so I will go through them in a minute. But to be perfectly honest I don't know quite a lot about them. All I know is that I requested to review them because they all seemed interesting to me and all seem to be really engrossing reads. 
Also, not all of them are out to buy yet so some of them won't be available right now. But they will be avaliable soon and my reviews of them also shall follow in the near distant future. 

First up is The 100 Society by Carla Spradbery


The cover of this book is the first thing that intrigued me. I mean look at it! It just screams scary thriller. The when I read the synospsis I was like, Yes! It's a book about a group of students particpating in a game and then I believe the scariness happens when they catch the attention of a stalker. This books seems scary and gripping and thrilling and just like a good book that draws you attention and keeps you wanting more. So I just can't wait to read this to see what I think and if it lives up to the high expectations I have given it. Let's hope so!



Secondly is The Moment Collector by Jodi Lynn Anderson


Now, to be honest I have had my eye on this book for a while because ever since I read Tiger Lily (read the review here) by Jodi Lynn Anderson, I have wanted to read more and more of her books. I absolutely adored her unique writing style in Tiger Lily, so I am hoping that the same uniqueness I saw in Tiger Lily is continued in this book. As well as this the synospsis and cover of this book looked haunting and fantastic so I really couldn't not ask to review it.  


Next is The Broken Heart Diet by Tom Formaro


This book first caught my attention because of the cover and then when I read that it was a comedy I was immediately set. I believe the book is about a chef with a broken heart and it follows his journey of overcoming and mending his broken heart with a lot of food related going ons. As you can tell I am not entirely sure what this book is about but I am really excited to read it. It seems to be another book that is perfect for the summer so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it.



Also there is Waterfire Saga: Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly

This another book that has been on my 'Want to Read' list and is the first book in the Waterfire saga. I believe it was released in May this year. As far as I know the book revolves around mermaids, which is quite obvious from the cover, and has a quest centered within it. I haven't really read any mermaid centered books before so I am really interested to see if I enjoy it. The synopsis sounds exciting and the reviews so far have been pretty good so I'm sure I will enjoy it too.


Another book is Stupid Girl by Cindy Miles


Again this book seems like a light and fluffy contemporary read so it will probably be something that I enjoy just from that. The cover is gorgeous, the plot sounds like it has the makings of a good contemporary and the reviews have been quite good for it. So all in all this book seems to be something right up my street. 






Next is How We Deal With Gravity by Ginger Scott 

Books that deal with mental illness has always interested me. Books like The Curious Incident of a Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon and The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer, are some of my favourite books because they are so interesting and mesmerizing that when I saw that this book slightly dealt with Autism I thought that I would give it a go. Plus seeing as this book deals with a mother's point of view of having a child with autism it sounded quite unique in that respect. 

Along with this is Between the Lines by Jessica Shirvington


I was really intrigued by this book because I had never read anything like it before so I'm interested to see whether it will turn out to be something that is enjoyable. As far as I know it is about a girl who is living two lives, when something goes wrong in one and not the other it lead to a series of risks and experiments that lead to the ultimate life she wanted. Everything about this book sounds interesting to me so I can't wait to get started on it.




Finally is Feuds by Avery Hastings

Ever since reading The Maze Runner, (full review can be read here) I have been reluctant to read any dystopian books/series because I don't know whether I enjoy them anymore. However when I read the synopsis of this book I was immediately interested. Not to mention the cover is really pretty.




And that is all the ebooks I brought and received this month. As I said there is a lot of them so my to be read pile is very big right now. So be expectant of the reviews to follow! And make sure you check the Goodreads links for the full descriptions of each book.

Amazon UK: Kindle Store